Meditation and Yoga as if the Earth Matters

Meditation and Yoga as if the Earth Matters

Every one of us carries within the hidden memory of that first sunrise, and even beyond it into the darkness of antiquity. We are, by means of this primordial memory, which is part of our human heritage, intimately connected to all forms of life.

We live at a pivotal time in history when our beautiful world is moving rapidly towards ecological and social catastrophe. A fundamental tenet of a spiritual approach to life is that, ultimately, we are all connected. This understanding, and the intuition, insights and strength gained through the practice of yoga and meditation can enable the deep shift in consciousness that might give us the chance of an outcome that reflects the best, rather than the worst, of what we are. 

Einstein said that we use just 10% of our human capacity. The practices of meditation and yoga can open us to the other 90%, making us also more creative and energised in our work for change.

This six week course will be a gentle introduction to a balanced yogic lifestyle. The course will cover:

  • yoga asanas
  • the practice and principles of spiritual meditation
  • yogic diet
  • personal health 
  • yogic ethics
  • self and society - our place in the world.
    Your Teacher: Facilitator of the course is Rob Blakers, activist and long-time practitioner of yoga and meditation. 

When: 5:30 - 7pm, commencing Thursday May 19th, for 6 weeks
Where: Wild Island, Shop 8, 33 Salamanca Place.
What to Bring: Yoga mat, cushion and loose/flexible, comfortable clothing, mask for covid safety.
Cost: $90 for the six week course. ($60 to a takayna environmental project; $30 to Wild Island)
Bookings: info@wildislandtas.com.au For enquiries please phone Rob - 0427 232 539

Numbers are limited, please book early.


Collections: Rob Blakers, Workshops

Type: Workshop

STAY IN TOUCH

Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…